CORRELATION BETWEEN THE ELECTRONIC STRUCTURE OF QUINAZOLINE DERIVATIVES AND THE ACTIVITY OF THE NTR1 RECEPTOR
- NTR1 receptor,
- quinazoline derivatives,
- KPG method (QSAR)
Copyright (c) 2020 SChQ
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
In this paper, we study the structure-activity relationship between the electronic structure of quinazoline-derived and their inhibitory effect on NTR1 receptor. The methodology used to obtain the results is known as the KPG method (Klopman-Paradejordi-Gómez) has been widely used in recent years. This method is based on obtaining various local reactivity indices, within the Hartree-Fock LCAO-MO and DFT models. The local reactivity indices obtained from the calculations, in conjunction with the reported IC50 values, were subjected to a multiple linear regression analysis corresponding to the most statistically significant equation. These results showed specific sites of the common skeleton, which participate in the activity of the NTR1 recepto, which allowed to propose the pharmacophore that helps to explain in a better way the biological process involved.
- Kato HE, Zhang Y, Hu H, Suomivuori C-M, Kadji FMN, Aoki J, et al. Conformational transitions of a neurotensin receptor 1–G i1 complex. Nature 2019:1.
- Hwang JR, Baek MW, Sim J, Choi H-S, Han JM, Kim YL, et al. Intermolecular cross-talk between NTR1 and NTR2 neurotensin receptor promotes intracellular sequestration and functional inhibition of NTR1 receptors. biochem bioph res co 2010;391:1007-13.
- Choi S-Y, Chae H-D, Park T-J, Ha H, Kim K-T. Characterization of high affinity neurotensin receptor NTR1 in HL-60 cells and its down regulation during granulocytic differentiation. brit j pharmacol 1999;126:1050.
- Pinkerton AB, Peddibhotla S, Yamamoto F, Slosky L, Bai Y, Maloney PR, et al. Discovery of b-Arrestin Biased, Orally Bioavailable and CNS Penetrant Neurotensin Receptor 1 (NTR1) Allosteric Modulators. j med chem 2019.
- Onaga T, Shimoda T, Ohishi T, Yasui Y, Hayashi H. Role of neurotensin in the regulation of gastric motility in healthy conscious sheep. small ruminant res 2019;172:31-41.
- Labbé-Jullié C, Barroso S, Nicolas-Etève D, Reversat J-L, Botto J-M, Mazella J, et al. Mutagenesis and modeling of the neurotensin receptor NTR1 identification of residues that are critical for binding SR 48692, a nonpeptide neurotensin antagonist. j med chem 1998;273:16351-7.
- Pelaprat D. Interactions between neurotensin receptors and G proteins. Peptides 2006;27:2476-87.
- Ye Y, Long X, Zhang L, Chen J, Liu P, Li H, et al. NTS/NTR1 co-expression enhances epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and promotes tumor metastasis by activating the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 2016;7:70303.
- Gahbauer S, Pluhackova K, Böckmann RA. Closely related, yet unique: Distinct homo-and heterodimerization patterns of G protein coupled chemokine receptors and their fine-tuning by cholesterol. plos comput biol 2018;14:e1006062.
- Griebel G, Holsboer F. Neuropeptide receptor ligands as drugs for psychiatric diseases: the end of the beginning? nat rev drug discov 2012;11:462.
- Gómez-Jeria JS. 45 Years of the KPG Method: A Tribute to Federico Peradejordi. Journal of Computational Methods in Molecular Design 2017;7:17-37.
- Muñoz-Gacitúa D, Gómez-Jeria JS. Quantum-chemical study of the relationships between electronic structure and anti-influenza activity. 2. The inhibition by 1H-1, 2, 3-triazole-4-carboxamide derivatives of the cytopathic effects produced by the influenza A/WSN/33 (H1N1) and A/HK/8/68 (H3N2) strains in MDCK cells. Journal of Computational Methods in Molecular Design 2014;4:48-63.
- Gómez-Jeria JS. A quantum chemical analysis of the relationships between electronic structure, PAK1 inhibition and MEK phosphorylation in a series of 2-arylamino-4-aryl-pyrimidines. SOP Trans Phys Chem 2014;1:10-28.
- Kpotin GA, Bédé AL, Houngue-Kpota A, Anatovi W, Kuevi UA, Atohoun GS, et al. Relationship between electronic structures and antiplasmodial activities of xanthone derivatives: a 2D-QSAR approach. Stuc Chem 2019:1-10.
- Gómez-Jeria JS. A new set of local reactivity indices within the Hartree-Fock-Roothaan and density functional theory frameworks. Can Chem Trans 2013;1:25-55.
- Gómez-Jeria J. Calculation of the nucleophilic superdelocalizability by the CNDO/2 method. j pharm sci 1982;71:1423.
- Gómez-Jeria JS. Modeling the drug-receptor interaction in quantum pharmacology. Molecules in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology: Springer; 1989. p. 215-31.
- Gómez-Jeria JS. An empirical way to correct some drawbacks of mulliken population analysis. J. Chil. Chem. Soc 2009;54:482-5.
- Kpotin GA, Gómez-Jeria JS. A Quantum-chemical Study of the Relationships Between Electronic Structure and Anti-proliferative Activity of Quinoxaline Derivatives on the HeLa Cell Line. Chemistry 2017;5:59-68.
- Soro D, Ekou L, Ouattara B, Kone MG-R, Ekou T, Ziao N. DFT Study, Linear and Nonlinear Multiple Regression in the Prediction of HDAC7 Inhibitory Activities on a Series of Hydroxamic Acids. Computational Molecular Bioscience 2019;9:63.
- Valdebenito-Gamboa J, Gómez-Jeria JS. A theoretical analysis of the relationships between electronic structure and HIV-1 integrase inhibition and antiviral activity of a series of naphthyridinone derivatives. Der Pharma Chem 2015;7:543-55.
- Gómez-Jeria JS, Cornejo-Martínez R. A DFT study of the inhibition of human phosphodiesterases PDE3A and PDE3B by a group of 2-(4-(1H-tetrazol-5-yl)-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-4-(4-phenyl) thiazole derivatives. Der Pharma Chem 2016;8:329-37.
- Soloaga Ardiles C, Cárcamo Vega J. THEORETICAL ANALYSIS OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE ELECTRONIC STRUCTURE AND ITS INHIBITORY ACTION IN THE P2X7R RECEPTOR OF A SERIES OF 2-HYDROXY-1, 4-NAPHTHOQUINONES DERIVATIVES. J. Chil. Chem. Soc 2018;63:4205-10.
- Gómez-Jeria JS, Valdebenito-Gamboa J. A quantum-chemical analysis of the antiproliferative activity of N-3-benzimidazolephenylbisamide derivatives against MGC803, HT29, MKN45 and SW620 cancer cell lines. Pharma Chem 2015;7:103-21.
- Kpotin G, Atohoun SY, Kuevi A, Kpota-Hounguè A, Mensah J-B, Jeria JG. A Quantum-Chemical study of the Relationships between Electronic Structure and Trypanocidal Activity against Trypanosoma Brucei Brucei of a series of Thiosemicarbazone derivatives. Pharm Lett 2016;8:215-22.
- Gómez Jeria J, Kpotin GA. Some remarks on the interpretation of the local atomic reactivity indices within the Klopman Peradejordi Gomez (KPG) method. I. Theoretical analysis. 2018.
- Anatovi W, Kpotin GA, Kuevi UA, Houngue-Kpota A, Atohoun GS, Mensah J-B, et al. A DFT study or the relationship between the electronic structure and the antiplasmodial activity of a series of 4-anilino-2-trichloromethylquinazolines derivatives. world sci News 2017;88:138-51.
- Gómez-Jeria J, Valdebenito-Gamboa J. A DFT Study of the Relationships between the Electronic Structures of a series of 2, 4, 5-Trisubstituted Pyrimidines and their Inhibition of four Cyclin-dependent Kinases and their Anti-Proliferative Action against HCT-116 and MCF-7 Cell Lines. Der Pharma Chem 2014;6:383-406.
- Gómez-Jeria JS, Abarca-Martínez S. A theoretical approach to the cytotoxicity of a series of β-carbolinedithiocarbamate derivatives against prostatic cancer (DU-145), breast cancer (MCF-7), human lung adenocarcinoma (A549) and cervical cancer (HeLa) cell lines. Pharma Chem 2016;8:507-26.