DIELECTRIC & PHYSIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF NITROMETHANE WITH DMSO AT 293.15 K
- excess static dielectric constant,
- R-K fit equation
Copyright (c) 2018 Journal of the Chilean Chemical Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The present paper reports study of dielectric & physicochemical properties like dielectric constant, viscosity, density and refractive index for the binary mixtures of Nitromethane (NM) and Dimethylsulphoxide (DMSO) over the entire concentration range were measured at 293.15K. The experimental data further used to determine the Bruggeman factor, and excess properties viz. excess density, excess viscosity, and excess refractive index. The values of excess properties further fitted with Redlich–Kister equation. Excess properties were used to indicate the presence of intermolecular interactions and strength of intermolecular interactions between the molecules in the binary mixtures.
- Aruna P. Maharolkar, Y S Sudke, S P Kamble A L Tidar, A G Murugkar, S S Patil, P W Khirade S C Mehrotra, Densities, Viscosities and Refractive Indices of n- Butanol + Allyl Chloride Mixture at 298K ,International Journal of Chemistry, Vol 2 No.2 250-260 , (2010).
- Aruna P. Maharolkar, A. G. Murugkar, S. S. Patil P. W. Khirade , Characterization of Dominant Hydrogen Bonded Complex Structures , Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol 25 No. 2 937-940,( 2013).
- Aruna P. Maharolkar, A. G. Murugkar And P. W. Khirade, Microwave Dielectric Characterization of Polar Protic liquids using Time Domain Reflectometry International journal of pharma and biosciences, 5 (2), 377- 382,(2014).
- Aruna P Maharolkar, A G Murugkar, S S Patil, P W Khirade Characterization Of Interaction In Binary Mixtures by Dielectric Analysis International journal of pharma and biosciences, vol. 3,(4): 484-444, (2012).
- Aruna P Maharolkar, et al. Dielectric relaxation study of polar protic and aprotic polar solvent Asian Journal of Chemistry; 24, (12): 5680-5682, (2012).