MAGNETIC ANALYSIS OF TWO [COBALT- IMIDAZOLE-CARBOXYLATE] COMPLEXES: ORBITAL CONTRIBUTION
Copyright (c) 2018 Journal of the Chilean Chemical Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Two coordination complexes, Co(HIMC)2(H2O)2 (1) and Co(H2IMDC)2(H2O)2 (2), were synthesized by mixing the complex precursor Cobalt(II) hexafluoroacetylacetonate (Co(hfacac)2) with 1H-imidazole-4-carboxylic acid (H2IMC) and 1H-imidazole-4,5-imidazoledicarboxylic acid (H3IMDC) ligands.
These compounds have been isolated as neutral, air and thermal stable solid and have been characterized by FT-IR and powder X-Ray diffraction analysis. The thermal stability and magnetic properties were studied in the solid state.
Compounds (1) and (2) are mononuclear complexes, where the cobalt ions adopt an distorted octahedral geometry. At low temperature they exhibit a weak antiferromagnetic interaction. The contribution of the angular momentum to the magnetic moment as well as intermolecular interactions were taken into consideration for the quantitative modeling of their magnetic properties.
- D. Toledo, A. Vega, N. Pizarro, R. Baggio, O. Peña, T. Roisnel, J.-Y. Pivan and Y. Moreno, Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 2017, 253, 78-88.
- D. Toledo, G. Ahumada, C. Manzur, T. Roisnel, O. Peña, J.-R. Hamon, J.-Y. Pivan and Y. Moreno, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2017, 1146, 213-221.
- X. Li, B.-L. Wu, C.-Y. Niu, Y.-Y. Niu and H.-Y. Zhang, Crystal Growth & Design, 2009, 9, 3423-3431.
- P. Liang, W.-X. Xia, W.-M. Tian and X.-H. Yin, Molecules, 2013, 18, 14826-14839.
- H. Jia, M. Guo, B. Ma, Y. Liu and G. Li, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 2013, 43, 1458- 1464.
- L. Zhao, Z. Wang, D. Zhao and X. Meng, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 2014, 44, 195-202.
- E. Shimizu, M. Kondo, Y. Fuwa, R. P. Sarker, M. Miyazawa, M. Ueno, T. Naito, K. Maeda and F. Uchida, Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 2004, 7, 1191-1194.
- Z. Xiong, H. Jia, B. Ma and G. Li, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 2012, 42, 1204-1210.
- Z.-G. Gu, Y.-T. Liu, X.-J. Hong, Q.-G. Zhan, Z.-P. Zheng, S.-R. Zheng, W.-S. Li, S.-J. Hu and Y.-P. Cai, Crystal Growth & Design, 2012, 12, 2178- 2186.
- Q.-G. Zhai, R.-R. Zeng, S.-N. Li, Y.-C. Jiang and M.-C. Hu, CrystEngComm, 2013, 15, 965-976.
- S. Wang, L. Zhang, G. Li, Q. Huo and Y. Liu, CrystEngComm, 2008, 10, 1662-1666.
- J. Rodríguez-Carvajal, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 1993, 192, 55-69.
- T. Premkumar, S. Govindarajan, W. P. Pan and R. Xie, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 2013, 35, 325–333.
- B. Artetxe, L. San Felices, A. Pache, S. Reinoso and J. M. Gutiérrez- Zorrilla, Acta Crystallogr. Sect. E Struct. Reports Online 2013, 69, 94.
- A. Earnshaw, Introduction to Magnetochemistry, Academic Press INC. (London) LTD, Berkeley Square, London W.1, 1968.
- F. Lloret, M. Julve, J. Cano, R. Ruiz-García and E. Pardo, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2008, 361, 3432-3445.
- H.-L. Sun, Z.-M. Wang and S. Gao, Inorganic Chemistry, 2005, 44, 2169- 2176.
- O.Kahn, Molecular Magnetism, Willey-VCH, New York, 1993.